Archie Durfee of Ro, walks us through the downstream effects of operational issues, the importance of being proactive vs. reactive, and more.
In this episode of The Checkout, we chat with Archie Durfee, Associate Director of Supply Chain at Ro, a direct-to-patient digital healthcare platform providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance.
Archie walks us through the downstream effects of operational issues, the importance of being proactive vs. reactive and how going out of stock affects a subscription-based business.
Before joining Ro, Archie gained wide-ranging experience in the supply chain and operations arenas at Radio Flyer, the innovative childrens’ products brand. After Radio Flyer, Archie was Quip’s first operational hire, leading the Planning and Distribution area at the oral care company. Quip was the first direct-to-consumer oral care subscription service.
Tune into this exclusive interview and listen to Archie’s problem-solving strategies for the operational world.
In this episode:
- The impact of transparent and proactive internal communication in operations
- Planning strategies for traditional vs. subscription-based retail
- Getting holiday inventory ready for the high-sale season
- Building estimates of future sales and how to plan for them
- The benefits of improving order lead times