Go behind the scenes as we triple Cogsy's headcount (seemingly overnight)—and walk through our process for finding top talent individuals that embody our company's values.
We had five team members at the start of November 2021. Just one month later, we had 15 team members logging in from every corner of the globe. 😱
And this episode of The Checkout was the internal conversation that set the tone for that incredible growth. Specifically, how we would conserve company culture.
Tune in to hear Cogsy co-founder and CEO Adii Pienaar share what inspired the company's values and culture. And how we (at the time, intended to) conserve our culture while adding a new team member.
(Exciting update: Early signs say the efforts outlined in this episode are working!)
We'll also walk you through our hiring process (and how we leverage it to find value-fit individuals) and how our distributed team works together.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Where Cogsy's company values come from.
- How Adii and his co-founder Stefano Sala's previous experiences informed Cogsy's culture.
- What the duo is focusing on to conserve company culture.
- The single question that sets the stage for our hiring process.
- Fitting asynchronous video interviews into our hiring workflow.
- The phrase on our job postings that most applicants are drawn to.
- Adii's favorite thing about the way the team works together on a day-to-day basis.
- How we think about "work hours" when our team lives in different timezones.